For Faculty & Partner Institutions
Special Assistant to the Provost for International Affairs
- Coordinating international initiatives for the University;
- Working with faculty to develop budgets for international courses;
- Presenting proposals for international initiatives to the Provost;
- Developing Memoranda of Understanding; and
- Coordinating the Provost’s international travel.
The Office of Study Abroad and International Experiences is responsible for coordinating study abroad opportunities on campus.
General inquiries - StudyAbroad@uml.edu
Director, Fern MacKinnon
Asst. Director, Emily Brazer
Phone - 978-934-4660
The office is located at:
UMass Lowell, South Campus
O'Leary Library, Mezzanine
Lowell, MA 01854
International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO)
Maria Conley, Executive Director
The ISSO is responsible for:
- All paperwork and logistics necessary for international faculty and student exchanges/visits;
- Advising current and potential students on compliance with academic and immigration regulations;
- Providing assistance with work authorization information and processing;
- Facilitating the social security application process, advising on tax treaty benefits, and other processes of that nature; and
- Offering cultural adjustment assistance to students.