- Understand the interactions between people and their environment.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of physical, chemical and geological processes in an environmental context.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with the public on environmental issues.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate scientific data.
- Demonstrate computational, quantitative and oral/written language competence.
Though election of a Focus demonstrate a competence in one of the following areas:
• The relationship between the environment and society
• The interactions between the environment and human health
• Business management in an environmental context