Environmental Science - Environmental Studies Option
The primary objectives of the Environmental Science Program are to provide a well-rounded science education and a skill set that prepares our students for a variety of career options. We achieve these objectives by providing our students with a stimulating learning environment and the opportunity for real-world experiences.
Requirements of the Major
Semester by Semester Program of Study - Environmental Studies Option
- Understand the interactions between people and their environment.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of physical, chemical and geological processes in an environmental context.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with the public on environmental issues.
- Demonstrate an ability to critically evaluate scientific data.
- Demonstrate computational, quantitative and oral/written language competence.
Though election of a Focus, demonstrate a competence in one of the following areas:
- The relationship between the environment and society
- Business management in an environmental context