Learning at UMass Lowell
With leading faculty, national research centers, and a full range of support systems to guide your studies and shape your future, UMass Lowell provides all the resources you’d expect from the third largest state university. But if you ask our students, they’ll say we don’t feel that big! That’s because despite our size, we are always focused on improving your academic success.
We do that by
- Providing a 14:1 student to faculty ratio
- Ensuring that for most courses your professor is the one instructing you (not a teaching assistant)
- Charging undergraduate students with conducting research – as early as freshmen year
- Providing hands-on experience through co-ops and internships
- Connecting students and faculty through first year Learning Communities
But that’s only the beginning. The personal attention you can expect from our faculty and staff is enhanced by our world class facilities. UMass Lowell boasts 100 percent “smart classrooms” equipped with technology that helps faculty explain complex topics both during class and later as you review materials and lectures to prepare for exams. And the campus also features state-of-the-art laboratories, research centers, athletic facilities, and function rooms.
Here at UMass Lowell we do all we can to make sure that when you leave you’re entering the world with confidence.