The University of Massachusetts Lowell is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC) and has been continuously since 1975.
Professional programs, as designated below, also have been accredited by appropriate national associations. Accreditation indicates that the University is recognized and approved by regional and national associations concerned with the quality of higher education and it assures that study undertaken here has transfer value to other accredited institutions of higher education.
- Baccalaureate degree programs in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering (Nuclear Option) Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Plastics Engineering are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org. Electronic Engineering Technology and Mechanical Engineering Technology undergraduate degree programs are currently accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- The Work Environment Master of Science degree in Occupational and Environmental Hygiene is accredited by the Applied Science Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
- American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business (Baccalaureate and Master’s in Business Administration and Master’s of Management Science in Manufacturing degree programs)
- American Physical Therapy Association (Doctoral degree program in physical therapy)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (Nursing's active accreditation organization, through to 2016, Baccalaureate and Master's degree program in nursing)
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (Baccalaureate degree program in art, fine arts, and graphic design)
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (Baccalaureate degree program in clinical laboratory sciences: medical technology option)
- National Association of Schools of Music (Baccalaureate and Master’s degree programs in music)
- National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (Graduate programs in education)
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) (Radiological Sciences programs)
- Applied Science Accreditation Commission (ASAC) (Radiological Sciences programs)
For more information, contact Accreditation Liaison Officer Provost Ahmed_Abdelal@uml.edu
at (978) 934-2635.
The University is a member of the following associations of higher education:
- American Assembly of Collegiate Schools of Business
- American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- American Association of Gerontology in Higher Education
- American Council on Education
- American Society of Allied Health Professions
- Association for Gerontology in Higher Education
- Association of State Colleges and Universities
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration
- College Entrance Examination Board
- Council of Colleges of Arts and Sciences
- Massachusetts Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National Association of Summer Sessions
- National Association of State Directors of Teacher Education and Certification
- National League for Nursing
- National University Continuing Education Association
- New England Board of Higher Education
- North East Consortium of Colleges and Universities in Massachusetts